Stringent laws and less than stringent journalism


I realise the Metro is best known for recycling stories that were on the internet six months previously but this caught my attention. Stringent laws prevent the sale of unpasteurised, unfiltered beer, do they? I must have dreamt all those pints of cask ale I’ve consumed, then. Or the majority of British brewers are living on the wrong side of the law. Yeah!

Sarkiness aside, I am all about fresh beer these days, drunk as near to the source as possible, so I applaud this development. Sadly, I’ve never yet had a Meantime beer that I thought was any better than decent. Even when I went to the Union and Old Brewery in Greenwich, I thought the guest Schönramer lager was much better than any of their own beers. This is rather a shame because I admire Alastair Hook and Rod Jones immensely. Perhaps the brewery freshness will give the beer the extra edge that I find lacking.

Comments

  1. I read the metro from time to time if i take the train of a morning because it is free. I proves the adage you get what you pay for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about Meantime, most of the beers sound great but taste unexciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this one. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts